Hi folks sorry I haven't been posting much the last couple of months, some how the time has run away with me and I don't seem to have had time to do much creating. So with this in mind I decided I had to make the time so I have grabbed about 20 minutes each day for the last 3 days and did some very quick making.
This is what I came up with!
I created a template by tearing a random strip out of scrap paper and used the middle section to mask the page so that I could spray with Dylusions inks.
I then sprayed water through a stencil on the background to create a ghosted pattern. Then stamped with a Tim Holtz crackle stamp and a russet archival stamp to add detail to the colour.
Then using the 2 edge pieces off the mask I had torn earlier, I covered the colour so that I could stamp the cobwebs in the white section using a Tim Holtz cobweb stamp and again the russet archival ink pad.
Then using back archival I stamped the flowers. The black looked rather harsh against the background so I decided to see if I could get any colour to show up against it.
I realised I would need something quite strong to show agains the black so I mixed a few drops of purple reinker (as it is concentrated colour) with a few squirts of purple dylusions, then I thought it needed a little bit of bling so I added in a few squirts of perfect pearls mist again in purple.
I mixed this concoction together and put it into a water brush and painted over the flowers. It looks better in reality than it does in the picture. This lightened up the colour of the flowers which made it work better.
I finished it off with some barbed wire, crow and quotes stamp using the russet archival again.
All in all considering how little time I spent on it I am really pleased with the end results.
Hope you like it and managed to find some time to do some creating of your own.
Have a great week.