Sunday, 5 July 2015

July Calendar Journal Page

Hi Folks!!
Well if you have been following my blog over the last few months you will probably be as surprised by this post as I am - I have actually got July's page done and ready for use - pretty much on time!!!!
I cant believe it!!
So I have been trying to do a bit more creating at home to see if I can get my MOJO working and up to speed.  So last month I started the ICAD 2015 challenge - which is to create art on an index card everyday through June and July!! I had great plans .... but life got busy and things didn't progress as I wanted!! so far I have done 7 out of the 34 days... but I keep telling myself that's 7 small bit of art I wouldn't normally have created - so just 'do what you can when you can with what you have'!!!
Well we slid out of June at a shocking rate and here we are in July already so my brain turned to calendar journal pages!!! I read something the other day that made me rethink the way I have been approaching them.  I think I have been putting myself under so much pressure to come up with something new and to use all of the amazing techniques I have learnt at all the workshops that I have done this year that I had been over thinking everything.  So I decided it was time to go back to basics, keep it simple and revisit some of the first techniques I learnt.
This all occurred to me late one night while getting undressed for bed.  So in my underwear I went into the craft room and put on an apron (very strange) and grabbed some paper, Dylusions  and stencil and quickly sprayed down a background!! (I didn't give my MOJO any time to crawl back into whatever dark corner in my head it has been hiding in for months!)
It took me minutes and I loved it!!! Result - ok then it really was time for bed lol!!!
This was it!
So next day (dressed properly this time) I looked at some of the stuff sitting round my desk and I spied some black card I had bought a few days before.  So I gave that a quick spray with perfect pearls mist - dried it - cut it into 1 1/4" squares rounded the corners and stuck them down with cosmic shimmer glue.  I didn't give myself time to mess about trying 19 different ways of placing the squares (like I usually do) - they just got bunged on and I sprayed and dribbled a bit more ink over the squares. 
There was extra squares that I had cut out so I thought they would be good for putting on the month!! So I Die cut the letters out of some already pink sprayed paper from my stash and added on the title. Next a focal piece! Again in the clutter that is currently my crafting desk (Note to self - clear up this mess!!) there were a few Stampotique Original characters which have been stamped for various projects but not used yet so I picked this one of Kate Cranes to use.
With my trusty Inktense pencils and a little bit of distress ink I painted Kate's Angel (moved her wings lol) and added her to the page.  
A little bit of doodling, some Stickles for dimension and bling and some shading with a Stabilo All pencil and it was done!!!

How about trying going back to basics and keep it simple in your creating this month and see what you come up with!!!!
Take care!!