Saturday 26 January 2013

February Calendar Journal Page - Rainbow days!

HEALTH WARNING YOU MAY NEED SUNGLASSES!!

Hi folks today I was so looking forward to doing a class at Art from the Heart but unfortunately due to the snow it was cancelled so I decided to use the time at home doing some creating and what better than get my February calendar journal page done early!!!!
I decided this year that I would try and push myself out of my comfort zone in my crafts.  I realised that I don't often do dimensional work - even though I love i,t and  I hardly ever do stitching on stuff which again I love to see on other peoples work.  
So going to try and do more of those this year starting with this page!


Ok i sprayed the background with water and dylusions inks (I was hoping to use Dy's new ones on this project but I was also going to be picking them up at class today!!) then I sprayed some water on at an angle and blotted it off and the final touch was some mica spray.
This year I am using a 12 x 12 journal just for my calendar pages, rather than dot them around in all my other journals, and the pages come out so this makes for easier machine stitching.
I couldn't make up my mind what to use, turquoise and white butchers string or the lovely fluffy red wool, so I decided to twist the two together and zigzag over them.  Loved the effect.
Here is a picture of it before all the extra stuff got put on - I nearly left it like this as I really like it!!. REMINDER TO SELF dont fall in love with the background, your going to cover most of it up!! LOL


After that I stuck down the little post it tags which I had bought because I like the colour and then doodled round them to make the days.
The figures are from the  The Octopode Factory and are digital downloads I think they are 'coloured long legged birds' and 'Saint Valentine'.  Love Lilys creations!!
I coloured Saint Valentine using liquid pearls and put the characters in place. 
The sign was printed out onto card and machine stitched to tie it all together.
I may add a few tweaky bits before I start to fill it in - possibly a bit of bling.  But I will wait for a couple of days and re assess then.
Just before I go I wanted to add this last picture - the two mop up pages do making this page - cant wait to see what I end up using them in!


Ok stay safe in the snow!
Hugz xxx


3 comments:

  1. Lush about sums this little beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your February page Donna. Also the background is fab - I wouldn't have wanted to cover it up either! Think I would have just hung it on the wall. Do you use your mop up sheets in your projects? - I keep meaning to but haven't yet lol Susiesu xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suziesu - yes I use my mop up pages, in fact in september last year I made a book with canvas board covers and just used mop up sheets. I did a blog posting on it - its called 'mop up journal' in September. Still havent done any more to it thought!! LOL loads of things to play with but not enough time or energy!! x x

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a message - I really enjoy reading them! x