Friday 11 September 2015

Regular Art Journaling with Kate Crane - September

Hi Folks - sorry I have done very little, or in the case of last month no blog posts recently, I have been unwell a lot over the summer and that has meant a lot of things have had to have been put on the back burner!
However I have still managed to get to quite lot of classes which I would like to do blog posts on - so I'm going to try and catch up on them over the next few weeks.
  So I thought I would start with the last one that I did, which was last weekend with the lovely Kate Crane at AFTH.
She decided to get us working on lettering within our journal pages - not the actual journaling but letters used for titles and decoration.
She had us do a few sample pieces - here are my unfinished ones!


Then we did our journal page itself - using amsterdam paints for the background and choosing one of the great Stampotique figures to colour in with pencil as our focal point.
Here's the page I finished.


This was the quote that Kate used on her sample page and I have to say I thought it was very apt!!
As always with Kates class - I had a great day!
Ok that's it for today!!
Hope you all have a creative weekend!
XXXXhugzXXXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message - I really enjoy reading them! x