Monday, 1 September 2014

September Calendar Journal Page

Hi everyone - well time continues to fly and the summer is , technically, nearly over and we are sliding into Autumn!!! OK I've just scared myself silly with that statement!!
My Calendar journal page as always  to start off the new month!!
As I explained in my last post I made September by accident then had to go back and do August, the good thing about that was I didn't have to panic to get September's done.
So here it is!
I had a hunt through my stash to give me some inspiration and found these day squares already stamped on a Dylusions ink background so I decided to use them as a base and build the page up around them.
So the background was done with more Dylusions ink - I tried to use more mute colours so that the squares would stand out better. I used distress ink blended through a stencil then I sprayed it with some mica spray and stamped with some of Tim Holtz old background stamps.  

Then I used a stencil and distress ink pad to do the bottom border.
With some of the spare paper from the day squares I drew a face (I've been trying to make myself do more drawing in the hopes that I will improve) which I was quite pleased with and added some shadows and highlights.

I had this board frame in one of my clutter draws and I thought it would frame the face quite nicely.  So I coloured it by applying 2 different colours of distress ink pads randomly directly to it and sprayed it with water.  Once it had dried I added a layer of crackle paint and while it was drying I added some gold mica powder into the wet paint in a few places to give it a bit of bling!!
One all of that was dry I glued the face into the back of the frame and covered the insert with glossy accents and left it to dry!! I was in 2 minds about adding the glossy accents as the face was draw on Dylusions inks and I had used a stabilo All pencil for some of the details and both of the elements are reactive with water, so  I wasn't sure how much blurring I may get.  Still I thought I would give it a go and see what happened.
As it turned out it wasn't a problem as I didn't move the glossy accents around when I applied it so all it did was mute the image a little.
So the squares, frame, face and quote got glued on then I did further stamping over the squares and did some gold mica spray splatters to add extra detail.
The final touches were some doodling round the edge - to imitate the borders round the square, some bronze liquid pearl dots added to the bottom boarder and I finally used some of my stash of wash tape to ground the frame!!
All in all I was very pleased with the result - hence the reason I was so gutted when I realised I had done the wrong month!! LOL!
I even surprise myself with some of the daft things I get up to!!!!
So hope you all have a bright, happy creative month - I plan to!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message - I really enjoy reading them! x