Monday 3 June 2013

June calendar Journal page

Hi everyone - I have finally got a couple of minutes to show you my calendar journal page for this month.  
For once I actually had it finished early but I haven't had the time to blog!! 
So here it its!

As you can see I am still playing with the reinker backgrounds!!! sorry but I really love them and they are so quick to do!!  
So after laying gesso down and letting it dry.  I added a few drops of reinker and spread it over the page with a splodger.  Splashed some water on it to make it run, then dried it!  Then a few splatters of ink with mica in it, which I let run.  Lastly a splatter of water to make more splats!!
Then it was just a matter of stamping the days, month and bird (both with a nice shadow stamped behind them). Some branches stamped round the edge in different colours and the date stamp put on.
Then I used an aquatone stick to create shadows round 2 sides of the shapes and blended it with a waterbrush.
Lastly a few dots of stickles on the title!!!
Well I hope you all enjoy the sunshine while we have it!!!
Have a great week.
xxxx Hugs xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Another brilliant calendar page hun. Well done on keeping this up. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your June! The blocks are fabulous and you've done a great job with the shadowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna, love love love your calendar page! That background looks brilliant and I love the way you did the days! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful how you added the shadow effects. What a great background too-yummy colors and drips!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message - I really enjoy reading them! x