Thursday 25 April 2013

Day 4 - using unusual backgrounds!

Hi folks welcome to my day four efforts.  Today's is rather a strange page!
As I'm sure you have noticed I often mention I end up using a background I have had in my journal for a while.  Today is no different.
When I started art journaling nearly 3 years ago I wasn't comfortable constructing pages but I loved making backgrounds, so I have journals part filled with lovely backgrounds!!  The problem is I end up falling in love with the background and then cant figure out what to put on it.  So it gets abandoned and I move on to a fresh page.  So this year I have given myself a challenge - where ever possible - to use some of these backgrounds for my current projects.
This is one of the dribble pages I made using Dylusions inks (I went through a phase where that is all I wanted to make) in one of my old ledgers.
So today I decided to go through my cut out boxes (I have assorted boxes filled with images or part images which I have cut out of paper or magazines - done while watching the TV) and see what took my fancy.  Once I had a couple of element's I liked I looked through my unused stamps and tried putting them together.  
The cage and the wings were stamped onto watercolour paper then coloured with distress markers.
I printed out the quote and coloured the paper with distress ink pads and stuck it on.
With the addition of the Stampotique crow line stamp, at the bottom and some shading.  
I felt I was finished.
So one more old background used only a few million to go LOL.
Catch ya tomorrow.
XXXX HUGZ XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message - I really enjoy reading them! x