Well if you have been following my blog over the last few months you will probably be as surprised by this post as I am - I have actually got July's page done and ready for use - pretty much on time!!!!
I cant believe it!!
So I have been trying to do a bit more creating at home to see if I can get my MOJO working and up to speed. So last month I started the ICAD 2015 challenge - which is to create art on an index card everyday through June and July!! I had great plans .... but life got busy and things didn't progress as I wanted!! so far I have done 7 out of the 34 days... but I keep telling myself that's 7 small bit of art I wouldn't normally have created - so just 'do what you can when you can with what you have'!!!
Well we slid out of June at a shocking rate and here we are in July already so my brain turned to calendar journal pages!!! I read something the other day that made me rethink the way I have been approaching them. I think I have been putting myself under so much pressure to come up with something new and to use all of the amazing techniques I have learnt at all the workshops that I have done this year that I had been over thinking everything. So I decided it was time to go back to basics, keep it simple and revisit some of the first techniques I learnt.
This all occurred to me late one night while getting undressed for bed. So in my underwear I went into the craft room and put on an apron (very strange) and grabbed some paper, Dylusions and stencil and quickly sprayed down a background!! (I didn't give my MOJO any time to crawl back into whatever dark corner in my head it has been hiding in for months!)
It took me minutes and I loved it!!! Result - ok then it really was time for bed lol!!!
This was it!
So next day (dressed properly this time) I looked at some of the stuff sitting round my desk and I spied some black card I had bought a few days before. So I gave that a quick spray with perfect pearls mist - dried it - cut it into 1 1/4" squares rounded the corners and stuck them down with cosmic shimmer glue. I didn't give myself time to mess about trying 19 different ways of placing the squares (like I usually do) - they just got bunged on and I sprayed and dribbled a bit more ink over the squares.
There was extra squares that I had cut out so I thought they would be good for putting on the month!! So I Die cut the letters out of some already pink sprayed paper from my stash and added on the title. Next a focal piece! Again in the clutter that is currently my crafting desk (Note to self - clear up this mess!!) there were a few Stampotique Original characters which have been stamped for various projects but not used yet so I picked this one of Kate Cranes to use.
With my trusty Inktense pencils and a little bit of distress ink I painted Kate's Angel (moved her wings lol) and added her to the page.
A little bit of doodling, some Stickles for dimension and bling and some shading with a Stabilo All pencil and it was done!!!
How about trying going back to basics and keep it simple in your creating this month and see what you come up with!!!!